[GE users] XWindow GUI bug ? (was: read current consumable state ?)

cjf001 john.foley at motorola.com
Thu Jan 7 19:44:47 GMT 2010

Guys, I think I've found a bug in the X Window GUI, related to
my previous questions of today....

I have a few custom complexes (used for licensing) that are set
as "Job" consumables, like this :

> root at lxadml2# qconf -sc | grep LIC
> LICccmhpc           licccmhpc      INT         <=    YES         JOB        0        0
> LICccmsuite         licccmsuite    INT         <=    YES         JOB        0        0
> LICmom              licmom         INT         <=    YES         JOB        0        0
> LICncsim            licncsim       INT         <=    YES         JOB        0        0
> root at lxadml2#

OK so far. When I fire up the qmon X Window GUI, and go to
"Complex Configuration", these complex's "Consumable"
columns show up as "YES" instead of "JOB". As long as I "cancel"
out of that window I'm OK, but if I click "Commit", then --
you guessed it -- the consumable type is changed from "JOB"
to "YES".  Ouch !

So, a couple of questions - can anyone else verify that they
see the same thing ?  I'm using SGEv6.2u2 (hope to upgrade
to u5 when the binaries come out !). Or is this a known bug
that I didn't know about ?

     Thanks --

       John