[GE users] How to get the working directory of finished jobs?

rayson rayrayson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 21:11:08 GMT 2010

qstat can in theory get everything about the job because it can fetch
all the information from the qmaster.

However, after the job is done and after the qmaster writes the
accounting information to the accounting and reporting files, the job
is considered as "gone", and qmaster will clean up the information
about the done jobs fairly quickly.

There seems to be no working directory information written to those files:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/nonav/source/browse/~checkout~/gridengine/doc/htmlman/htmlman5/accounting.html?pathrev=V62u5_TAG

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/nonav/source/browse/~checkout~/gridengine/doc/htmlman/htmlman5/reporting.html?pathrev=V62u5_TAG

Adding the working directory information to the accounting file should
be easy, as one needs to add another few lines in sge_write_rusage() .
And then we will need to add some code in qacct - doable but might not
be useful to everyone.

Rayson