[GE users] How to get the working directory of finished jobs?

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Jan 7 21:43:22 GMT 2010

Am 07.01.2010 um 21:35 schrieb noping:

> "qstat -j" reports the current working directory (cwd line) of
> running and waiting jobs. "qacct -j" reports finished jobs but I
> don't know the working directory of finished jobs.
>
> Is there any way to get the working directory of finished jobs?

No. It's nowhere recorded. What we use for certain types of jobs is a
qsub wrapper, which will assemble the jobname which will consist of
the path (plus the name of the acutal file), while disregarding the
three top level directory, as these are usually /home/$USER/projects:

jobpath=$PWD/$inputfilename
jobpath=${jobpath//\//.} # replace / with . as / isn't allowed in
jobnames
jobpath=${jobpath#.*.*.} # remove /home/$USER
jobpath=${jobpath#*.} # remove an additonal level if it's there

Then use:

#$ -N $jobpath

HTH - Reuti