[GE users] Using cycles from a 2nd SGE cluster

izen joe at utdallas.edu
Fri Jan 8 07:07:26 GMT 2010

My sys admin has been trying to configure two independent, linux clusters with static SGE pools, such that when the first cluster batch queue fills, additional jobs will fall over to a low priority queue in the second cluster. Each cluster has its own master node, and it would be a political non-starter to change that. So far, my admin has not succeeded.

Is his configuration with static pools workable?
If so, we would welcome some guidance in configuring our SGE deployment to do this.

We are beginning to wonder whether this is undoable with static pools, and need to switch to a dynamic pool.

Input would be most welcome.  Thanks!  -Joe