[GE users] cluster Job migration

fx d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Fri Jan 8 11:51:40 GMT 2010

templedf <dan.templeton at sun.com> writes:

> There's not much.  The two general purpose answers are 1) Globus

How does Globus, per se, help?  Don't you need some extra resource
management?

By the way, is anyone aware of a sane method of doing remote job
submission to replace Globus, like a _simple_ layer on top of DRMAA (not
involving the horrors of `web services' and such)?  We don't seem to
have made much progress in 20 years.

> and 2)
> transfer queues.

How well do they work in practice?  They were tried here before my time,
with poor results, but I don't know what the issues were (though may be
able to find out).

--
(Dr) Dave Love
?E-Science?, Computing Services Department, University of Liverpool
AKA fx at gnu.org