[GE users] Using cycles from a 2nd SGE cluster

marcingoldyn Marcin.Goldyn at Sun.com
Fri Jan 8 14:42:17 GMT 2010

Hi Chris,
This is a really good feedback for us. Thank you.
Have you got a chance to try out SDM 1.0u5 already? If not, please do so
and give us your thoughts.

You are saying that users who tried "multiclustering" feature in their
organization were unhappy with the complexity and reduced productivity.
Did they try SDM with conjunction with SGE or some other software?

I also cannot agree with the statement that "Multiclustering" is only a
figment of upper management or HPC designers. As we can see even from
this discussion there are real live examples where multiclustering
can/should be used. If some obstacles exists, please give us a
feedback(like the one below), that will help us to address issues in the
future.

You, as a consultant, cannot also always reply to your customers, asking
for the multiclustering feature, that the only solution is to merge the
clusters ;-)

Regards
Marcin