[GE users] Error with "export -f" shell (bash) functions

craffi dag at sonsorol.org
Wed Jan 13 18:06:59 GMT 2010

This is a known and documented bug with SGE and only happens with the
use of bash when you define functions within ENV variables.

The bug report is here:

SGE Issue 2173 http://bit.ly/8VzAQc

.. consider making an account on the site and casting your "vote" for
this issue to be fixed.

There are some workarounds and I do know people who use "modules" and
bash but I can't recall offhand what the mitigation method was. I'll
search through my notes.

-Chris