[GE users] Graph Tool

fx d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Thu Jan 14 13:14:04 GMT 2010

hawson <beckerjes at mail.nih.gov> writes:

> I wrote a silly/trivial one for Ganglia:
>
> 	http://ganglia.info/gmetric/view.php?id=49

For what it's worth, I contributed an interface to SGE for Jobmonarch
<https://subtrac.sara.nl/oss/jobmonarch> which worked for old (6.0) SGE
versions, but it's been broken by incompatible changes in qstat output
and clearly wouldn't be very scalable.  Sometime I'll get round to
fixing it either not to use `qstat -xml' or maybe to use dbwriter data.
I'm not sure if dbwriter produces enough information, though.

If anyone is serious about that sort of thing, it might be worth doing
such work for jobmonarch, and I could at least explain it.

It does seem to me that it would be useful to have a public API for
querying qmaster for specific elements of its state in a scalable way
for this sort of application.

--
(Dr) Dave Love
?E-Science?, Computing Services Department, University of Liverpool
AKA fx at gnu.org