[GE users] Graph Tool

hawson beckerjes at mail.nih.gov
Thu Jan 14 14:12:07 GMT 2010

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 08:14:04AM -0500, fx wrote:
>hawson <beckerjes at mail.nih.gov> writes:
>
>> I wrote a silly/trivial one for Ganglia:
>>
>> 	http://ganglia.info/gmetric/view.php?id=49
>
>For what it's worth, I contributed an interface to SGE for Jobmonarch
><https://subtrac.sara.nl/oss/jobmonarch> which worked for old (6.0) SGE
>versions, but it's been broken by incompatible changes in qstat output
>and clearly wouldn't be very scalable.  Sometime I'll get round to
>fixing it either not to use `qstat -xml' or maybe to use dbwriter data.
>I'm not sure if dbwriter produces enough information, though.

I've seen the Jobmonarch work, and even tried getting it to work.

>If anyone is serious about that sort of thing, it might be worth doing
>such work for jobmonarch, and I could at least explain it.
>
>It does seem to me that it would be useful to have a public API for
>querying qmaster for specific elements of its state in a scalable way
>for this sort of application.

There is a public API for this:  DRMMA.  I'm positive there are Java
bindings, and maybe C and Python.  There's an ancient (dead?) Perl
binding as well.  Nothing for PHP that I know about.

The XML is the (in theory) the "portable, non-language specific" way to
get data out of SGE.

--
Jesse Becker
NHGRI Linux support (Digicon Contractor)