[GE users] SGE 6.2u5 Cluster Name.

wlee_hess wlee at hess.com
Thu Jan 14 18:45:04 GMT 2010

To group,

I'm getting ready to install SGE 6.2u5 and I have a few questions about providing a "Unique Cluster Name".

1. I don't recall seeing this in the 6.1u4 version we currently have.  I was wondering other than just providing a name for your cluster, is the "Unique Cluster Name" used within the SGE configuration in some way or another?

2. I was wondering if I provide a "Unique Cluster Name" during my initial install and I wish to change it later, can I change it?  If I can change it, how do I go about changing it?

Thanks in advance.

Wayne Lee
email: wlee at hess.com