[GE users] "NOT" expression in qsub command ?

cjf001 john.foley at motorola.com
Thu Jan 14 19:00:18 GMT 2010

OK, that syntax works !   But.... it doesn't give me what I'm looking
for, apparently since the "-l h=xxxxx" is looking for HOSTS, not HOSTGROUPS.
qsub accepts the command, but it still assigns to a machine in the
hostgroup I'm trying to avoid - probably because the hostgroup name
really doesn't match the hostname !

Turns out, after looking at your example, the following is also accepted:

   qsub -q '! clusterqueuename@@hostgroupname'

But.... it appears to only negate the "clusterqueuename" part of the
queue description, not the "hostgroupname" part - that is, it assigned
to a different cluster queue, but it still assigned to the hostgroup
I'm trying to avoid.

So, unless anyone has any other great ideas (!) it looks like the only
way I can get what I'm looking for (which is, succinctly, to avoid assigning
to certain hostgroups) would be to create an inverse hostgroup for all
my hostgroups, containing all the hosts EXCEPT those in the original
hostgroup - then assign to this inverse hostgroup. Kind of messy, but it
could be done with a cron-type script that creates/updates these
"inverted" hostgroups every 5 mintues or so, I guess.

I'll troll this out to the group for a bit before I do that, to see if
there's any other (simpler) thoughts on how to handle this -

   Thanks !

      John