[GE users] Issues submitting jobs from QMON

sumyee sum-yee.lai at hp.com
Thu Jan 14 21:22:31 GMT 2010

Hello,

I am running into a few problems with submitting jobs from QMON on SGE6.2u3.  I can submit both batch and interactive jobs from the command line without errors, but I get different problems when submitting from QMON.

In the interactive case:
1)  The default settings in $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/sge_request doesn't always get read.
2)  No x window is launched.  The prolog and epilog runs, then I get a pop-up window that saids:  No free slots for interactive job $JOB_NUMBER!  (To submit the interactive job, I just selected the Interactive button and gave it a job name.  No other settings were changed from default.)  The error messages were logged in the message files.  Qacct registers an exit_status of 1.

In the batch case:
1)  SGE_O_HOST and SGE_O_WORKDIR are not set.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Sum Yee

My config is as follows:
$qconf -sconf global
#global:
execd_spool_dir              /usr/local/GridEngine/default/spool
mailer                       /bin/mail
xterm                        /usr/bin/X11/xterm
load_sensor                  /usr/local/GridEngine/custom/src/load/load.py
prolog                       none
epilog                       none
shell_start_mode             unix_behavior
login_shells                 sh,ksh,csh,tcsh,bash
min_uid                      0
min_gid                      0
user_lists                   none
xuser_lists                  none
projects                     none
xprojects                    none
enforce_project              false
enforce_user                 auto
load_report_time             00:00:40
max_unheard                  00:05:00
reschedule_unknown           00:00:00
loglevel                     log_warning
administrator_mail           sum-yee.lai at hp.com
set_token_cmd                none
pag_cmd                      none
token_extend_time            none
shepherd_cmd                 none
qmaster_params               MAX_DYN_EC=10000
execd_params                 none
reporting_params             accounting=true reporting=true \
                             flush_time=00:00:15 joblog=false sharelog=00:00:00
finished_jobs                100
gid_range                    20000-30000
qlogin_command               builtin
qlogin_daemon                builtin
rlogin_command               /usr/bin/ssh -t -X -Y
rlogin_daemon                /usr/sbin/sshd -i
rsh_command                  /usr/bin/ssh -t -X -Y
rsh_daemon                   /usr/sbin/sshd -i
max_aj_instances             2000
max_aj_tasks                 75000
max_u_jobs                   0
max_jobs                     0
max_advance_reservations     15
auto_user_oticket            0
auto_user_fshare             0
auto_user_default_project    none
auto_user_delete_time        86400
delegated_file_staging       false
reprioritize                 false
jsv_url                      none
jsv_allowed_mod              ac,h,i,e,o,j,M,N,p,w