[GE users] Arco, Inspect, SDM.

craffi dag at sonsorol.org
Thu Jan 14 23:31:06 GMT 2010

wlee_hess wrote:
> To group,
>
> I have questions about Arco, Inspect, and SDM.
>
> 1. We run a Linux SGE environment here and was wondering if I do not install and configure Arco, Inspect and SDM during my initial install of SGE 62u5, can I do so at a later time after the initial install?

Yes, no problem at all for ARCo.

I'm not 100% sure about SDM and sgeInspect, there are some java things
you need to enable in the qmaster (JMX server, I think) in order to
support the communication methods that both sgeinspect and SDM use.

What I'm not sure about is how to enable that stuff after you have it
installed and running. I usually know ahead of time if I need to enable
it so I've never done it after the fact.

> 2. Has anyone used SGE 6.2u5 and the above optional packages in a Redhat 5u4 only environment?  I am just wondering if you have, how have things been running?

I have not (yet) but there has been a recent thread about ARCo and RHEL
recently that might have some more info. The last time I installed
reporting on a RHEL system there were some minor things that you had to
do to configuration files and the application server to get it all
working. Google quickly found the howto's and writeups I needed.

-Chris