[GE users] SGE 6.2u5 Cluster Name.

rhierlmeier richard.hierlmeier at sun.com
Mon Jan 18 06:41:58 GMT 2010

Hi,

in SDM the cluster name is also not directly used. In the configuration of a GE
service you have to specify it because it is necessary for an execd installation
(and the GE service executes execd installation).

I think the cluster name is only absolute necessary for the Solaris SMF support
in Gridengine. The FMRI (Fault management resource identifier) contains the
cluster name. It has the form

    svc:/application/sge/<daemon_name>:<cluster_name>

where <daemon_name> can be qmaster or execd

Richard

On 01/15/10 22:56, jana wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Actually, the $SGE_CLUSTER_NAME is not used internally by ARCo and
> Inspect, I am not sure about the SDM.
>
> Jana
>
> templedf wrote:
>> The cluster name isn't terribly important unless you have more than one
>> cluster.  It's used in ARCo, Inspect, and SDM to identify different
>> clusters from each other.
>>
>> Daniel
>>
>> wlee_hess wrote:
>>
>>> To group,
>>>
>>> I'm getting ready to install SGE 6.2u5 and I have a few questions about providing a "Unique Cluster Name".
>>>
>>> 1. I don't recall seeing this in the 6.1u4 version we currently have.  I was wondering other than just providing a name for your cluster, is the "Unique Cluster Name" used within the SGE configuration in some way or another?
>>>
>>> 2. I was wondering if I provide a "Unique Cluster Name" during my initial install and I wish to change it later, can I change it?  If I can change it, how do I go about changing it?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> Wayne Lee
>>> email: wlee at hess.com

Richard Hierlmeier           Phone: ++49 (0)941 3075-223
Sun Microsystems GmbH
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7	     mailto: richard.hierlmeier at sun.com
D-93049 Regensburg           http://www.sun.com/grid

Sitz der Gesellschaft: