[GE users] Suspending jobs based on license load not cpu load

elrond2k Are.Aarseth at atmel.com
Mon Jan 18 13:47:04 GMT 2010

Does anyone know if there is an existing way of suspending jobs based on the licenses they are using as opposed to the server load.

We have a setup with Grid + flex-grid to monitor licenses. And in some cases where it would be useful if we could suspend jobs temporarily to give licenses back to the pool if there are no licenses free. At least some tools support releasing licenses on ctrl-z, so a suspend / resume should work here, and it is also possible to add a lmremove in the suspend method I suppose. But I can't see exactly how to tackle this problem other than having an external daemon like qlicserver that has the power to suspend/resume... Any ideas?