[GE users] Error with "export -f" shell (bash) functions

madskaddie madskaddie at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 14:28:24 GMT 2010

First of all, thanks for your replies.

I confirm the missing "}" character bug in the job environment file.

For my case in particular I made a simple hack:
 * I need to use the job submission "-V" option always
 * I'm not using the "export -f" command
 * I export the BASH_ENV variable to a script that sets me the function.

from bash man page:
"""
BASH_ENV
  If this parameter is set when bash is executing a shell script, its value is interpreted as a filename containing commands to  initialize  the  shell,  as  in ~/.bashrc.  The value of BASH_ENV is subjected to parameter expansion, command substitution, and arithmetic expansion before being interpreted as a file name. PATH is not used to search for the resultant file name.
"""