[GE users] jobs waiting in "t" state for longer than before

sgerox rocksuser at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 21:58:18 GMT 2010

Hello all,

We are running SGE 6.1U6 on a large cluster. Previously we used U3 but due to a crash, we did a fresh install on U6. Jobs are successfully executing, however, once a job is submitted it is stuck in "t" state for a longer time than it was before. I already checked the Immediate scheduling parameters as described here, http://wikis.sun.com/display/GridEngine/Improving+Grid+Engine+Performance#ImprovingGridEnginePerformance-ImmediateScheduling

It does not seem to have made any difference.

Does anyone have any inputs on this behavior? Your help is sincerely appreciated.

Thanks!