[GE users] Error with "export -f" shell (bash) functions

fx d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Tue Jan 19 16:11:58 GMT 2010

elauzier <elauzier2 at perlstar.com> writes:

> Regarding the Modules pkg, what I have done to work around this is to
> set up Modules for the user on the system level when the user logs in.
> On Linux systems, put in a Modules.sh file into profile.d.

Isn't that the normal thing to do on GNU/Linux systems which support it?

> This way,
> when SGE transfers the env with the -V option, the bash function for
> Modules is dropped by SGE and reinstalled by Modules.sh.

Could you explain how the problem with modules actually arises?  In the
version I have, there's a single function definition that I can see, and
it's not exported.  If that's actually a problem, you can remove the
superfluous braces, since it's defining a simple command.

> This begs for a real SGE parser solution for the bash env function
> transfer issue...

I don't think it needs anything more than the suggestion I attached to
the bug report (which would simplify the code).  I can produce a patch
if it doesn't get fixed by the time I can test it.

--
(Dr) Dave Love
?E-Science?, Computing Services Department, University of Liverpool
AKA fx at gnu.org