[GE users] jobs waiting in "t" state for longer than before

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Jan 20 08:36:34 GMT 2010

Am 19.01.2010 um 19:19 schrieb sgerox:

> The values were 0. I did not change anything since it was already
> zero.
>
> According to this, http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-0698/
> chp11-1?a=view  there is no mention of 0 meaning disabled, nor does
> it say 0 means 0

What's in your version of `man sched_conf`mentioned about it?

> seconds. maybe i will change it to 1 sec and see what happens. I
> also reduced schedule_interval from 15 to 5 secs.

The idea is often to disable immediate scheduling and have a
schedule_interval of 15 seconds or so, or have immediate scheduling
set to some seconds and then schedule only every 2 minutes to lower
the impact by a huge list of waiting jobs.