[GE users] Error with "export -f" shell (bash) functions

elauzier elauzier2 at perlstar.com
Wed Jan 20 12:44:12 GMT 2010

>Could you explain how the problem with >modules actually arises? In the
>version I have, there's a single function >definition that I can see, and
>it's not exported. If that's actually a >problem, you can remove the
>superfluous braces, since it's defining a >simple command.

Ah, I found my error for modules at least thanks to your response...

Yes, the original Modules function is not exported, and since we are now using it upon executing a normal login shell, the function need not be exported since it is set up again when sourcing modules.sh.  Sometimes things are right in front of you and you don't see them until someone points them out...

Thanks,

Ed