[GE users] Grid Engine 6.2u5 courtesy binaries are available

darkstar udo.grabowski at kit.edu
Thu Jan 21 16:42:41 GMT 2010

cbalways wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> I respectively disagree with your opinion.
>
> Based on my understanding of the license terms, I can download the
> binary package for my use (license term). It is allowed to reproduce and
> use internally the downloaded package for any other internal development
> and research (supplementary term).
>
> In my opinion, it doesn't limit the usage of the originally downloaded
> package.
>
> - Chansup
>
> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 12:58 PM, fx <d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
> <mailto:d.love at liverpool.ac.uk>> wrote:
>
>     cbalways <cbalways at gmail.com <mailto:cbalways at gmail.com>> writes:
>
>      > Because I paid nothing to get the GE binaries.
>
>     You just ignore licences, then?
>
>     --
>     (Dr) Dave Love
>     ?E-Science?, Computing Services Department, University of Liverpool
>     AKA fx at gnu.org <mailto:fx at gnu.org>
Hi,

to my understanding, gridengine.org is an independent open
should not apply here. Since there are SGE binaries from Sun
and different GE courtesy binaries, I conclude that the one
is the Sun version with real money to pay (for, maybe, enhanced
functionality), and the other is the gridengine.org version
(whatever license that has) where someone who knows has to
clarify if and what is to pay (and who is the receiver of that
money).

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,

--
Dr.Udo Grabowski    Inst.f.Meteorology a.Climate Research IMK-ASF-SAT
www-imk.fzk.de/asf/sat/grabowski/ www.imk-asf.kit.edu/english/sat.php