[GE users] How to specify the next job id?

craffi dag at sonsorol.org
Thu Jan 21 23:36:06 GMT 2010

You might have to drain your cluster of jobs and shut down the qmaster
but there is a file in your $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/jobseqno or
similar that contains the current job ID to be used. I may have the file
name wrong but if you poke around in that directory you'll find it.

There was a thread about this very recently on the list that you may be
able to find via searching the archives.

-Chris