[GE users] Grid Engine 6.2u5 courtesy binaries are available

templedf dan.templeton at sun.com
Fri Jan 22 14:59:48 GMT 2010

The intention of the license was that use of the courtesy binaries is
free and unfettered, including the right to redistribution.  The only
licenses we sell are for the Sun Grid Engine product.  Now, I'm not a
lawyer, and I can't guarantee that the license that was actually put in
place satisfies the original intentions, but I'm pretty sure it does.
The source code itself is under SISSL, which is a very open license.  If
you build from source, there are also no restrictions on you.  Again,
not a lawyer.

And just for the record, gridengine.sunsource.net is not really an
independent body.  The site is hosted by CollabNet, but the community is
"run" by the same Sun team that creates the Sun Grid Engine product (of
which I am a member).

Daniel