[GE issues] error: commlib error: local host name error (can't resolve client IP address)

harm harm at oasys-ds.com
Sun Jan 24 07:36:22 GMT 2010

Hi,

just installed sge62u5 and set up 4 queues on 4 similar hosts (foo1 - foo4). qsub works just fine. however with qrsh and qlogin I get the above error, but only if the host where the jobs ends up on, is different from the host I submitted the job from. Also one of the 4 hosts (foo1) does not show this problem at all. Note that all 4 hosts are same hardware and same OS (FC10) install, and have exactly same setup (as far as I can tell).

[harm at foo3 ~]$ qrsh hostname
error: commlib error: local host name error (can't resolve client IP address)

[harm at foo4 ~]$ qrsh hostname
foo4.bar.com

# enabling execd on foo1

[harm at foo3 ~]$ qrsh hostname