[GE issues] error: commlib error: local host name error (can't resolve client IP address)

harm harm at oasys-ds.com
Sun Jan 24 18:36:24 GMT 2010

We use DNS and I checked that all hosts resolve
just fine. And /etc/hosts on all machines are basically just the following 2 lines (I tried some variations but seems not to make any difference):

127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain localhost
192.168.2.10    foo1.bar.com bar1

Since qsub works just fine it indeed seems like some reverse lookup onm the client is not working. How can I check reverse DNS?

-Harm