[GE users] Looking for a license manager software for our binaries / object files

hagenbuch delleske at avmatsim.de
Mon Jan 25 09:33:03 GMT 2010

Hi all,

I apologize for my question being slightly out of topic. Please point me
to a more suitable forum if you know one.

We need to install parts of our software on a client's Linux (RedHat)
cluster managed by SGE 6.1.

In addition, we need to restrict use of our software to several factors:

- to only a number of machines or cores
- to a limited period of time (Feb - March..)
- depending on the client's needs, we'll enable only parts of our
software for her / his use.
- as we have to link object files, we'd have to protect the objects from
being linked by other apps.

Does someone have an idea or experience what to implement?

I've read that FlexLM of Globetrotter software might be used by many
installations plus they are able to handle Linux clusters? Their support
- until now - wanted to phone me, but they didn't send me something in
written so far. My third mail is out to them..

Thanks a lot!

--
Best regards
Andreas