[GE users] Which process should own the sge_qmaster and sge_shadowd processes?

rayson rayrayson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 18:16:35 GMT 2010

The SGE daemons run under the sgeadmin UID some of the time, because
most NFS partitions do not give root global read/write access. (Google
NFS+"no root squash" for details...)

As long as they are started by root they are good. You should be able
to get the real + effective UID from the output of ps & top by using
additional arguments.

Rayson