[GE users] Unable install execd

anthony_whelan anthony.tux at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 14:05:58 GMT 2010

Output:

Checking hostname resolving
---------------------------

Cannot contact qmaster. The command failed:

   ./bin/lx24-amd64/qconf -sh

The error message was:

   ERROR: failed receiving gdi request response for mid=1 (got syncron message receive timeout error).

You can fix the problem now or abort the installation  procedure.
The problem can be:

   - the qmaster is not running
   - the qmaster host is down
   - an active firewall blocks your request

Contact qmaster again (y/n) ('n' will abort) [y] >>

the funny thing is that
$SGE_ROOT/bin/lx24-amd64/qconf -sh fails yet
$SGE_ROOT/bin/lx24-x86/qconf -sh works

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 2:02 PM, Anthony <anthony.tux at gmail.com<mailto:anthony.tux at gmail.com>> wrote:
Yes, $SGE_ROOT/default/common is the same for all nodes.

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 1:56 PM, reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de<mailto:reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de>> wrote:
Am 26.01.2010 um 14:42 schrieb anthony_whelan:

> No $SGE_ROOT is installed on each node seperatly

You copied the $SGE_ROOT/default/common to all nodes?

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/nfsreduce.html

-- Reuti