[GE users] Jobs sticking in grid

gclark geoff.clark at mdacorporation.com
Tue Jan 26 20:15:40 GMT 2010

After a job completes we're seeing an export job still sitting on the grid. A 'job' in our situation ends up being a large number of scripts that get started by a single submission to the SGE. As part of this process our developers have found it necessary to export some environment variables. It seems that the export command stays behind and continues to run on the grid. This happens even when the jobs complete successfully.

I'm not sure why they're sticking around, its not like the job is hung or failed. If the export fails none of the scripts will complete.

Any ideas or suggestions on where to look to correct this one?