[GE users] Jobs sticking in grid

gclark geoff.clark at mdacorporation.com
Wed Jan 27 14:54:36 GMT 2010

For example, we have a job called validate_all. A user would submit this one job to the grid and it would spawn several hundred smaller jobs/scripts. These secondary jobs aren't all submitted at once.

The export is the standard linux export command.

Some of the scripts won't run unless some environment variables are set, so the job gets submitted to the grid, once the job has been assigned to a node the export command is run, and then the secondary scripts and jobs start to trigger.

Its just the export that seems to stay running on the grid. I've ssh'ed into 2 of the affected nodes and there is no export command listed in the ps list so theres nothing to run a trace on. Aside from the export command everything runs to completion successfully. We know the export command is running successfully because the secondary jobs are all being completed successfully.