[GE users] implementation opinion / suggestions

templedf dan.templeton at sun.com
Thu Jan 28 15:42:32 GMT 2010

While RPC BDB lets you have a remote DB to share among the qmaster and
shadows, it's also a single point of failure itself.  In general, I'd
say pick the solution that's easiest that gives you the performance you
need.  Classic over NFS is the easiest, but depending on your workload,
it could be an issue.  Try it and see, though.  The major downside to
the try-and-see approach is that you have to reinstall the qmaster to
switch spooling methods.

Daniel