[GE users] Schedule one job at a time

templedf dan.templeton at sun.com
Fri Jan 29 14:49:20 GMT 2010

I think I have a solution, but for some reason I can't get it to work.
Here's what I did:

1) Set weight_functional_shares to 1000
2) Set share_functional_shares to FALSE
3) Set fshare to 1 in defaultdepartment
4) Set max_functional_jobs_to_schedule to 1

In theory, that should enable functional scheduling without it actually
impacting the job order at all, which allows the
max_functional_jobs_to_schedule to limit the number of jobs scheduled
per scheduling run to 1.  But it doesn't impose any limit at all.  Any
ideas why not?  What am I missing?

Daniel