[GE users] SGE-6.2u5: Slot reservation for different queues?

soyez E.Soyez at science-computing.de
Thu Jul 8 08:42:49 BST 2010

Thanks Reuti for your reply,

yes, max_reservation is set of course, as reservation works fine with
parallel jobs only.

There are several differences between serial and parallel queue (limits
etc.) but the main difference are sequence numbers in opposite directions
in order to implement some kind of "fill up policy" for single cpu jobs,
whereas parallel jobs are supposed to use different nodes first.  I don't
know of any other way to achieve this.

I still think that slot reservation should work per exechost and not per
queue, does anybody know more about it?

Thanks again

Erik Soyez.

--
Vorstand/Board of Management:
Dr. Bernd Finkbeiner, Dr. Roland Niemeier,