[GE users] scheduler chooses not the best node in pe smp

jochen jochen.weisel at eu.takata.com
Thu Jul 8 09:01:25 BST 2010

Hi All,
after installing and testing I came to a point where I have a very important question
regarding the scheduler which chooses a node for a number of slots.
For example I have create a pe named smp with unlimted slots and $pe_slots as allocation.
I have also three hosts with 2,2,1 Core installed. How is it possible to force a smp-1 job
to run ONLY on nodes with 1 core installed?
In my environment the smp-1 job runs sometimes on a node with to two cores instead of running
on the node with one core which is the best node for a smp-1 job.

Regards
Jochen