[GE users] SGE-6.2u5: Slot reservation for different queues?

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Jul 8 17:56:12 BST 2010

Am 08.07.2010 um 09:42 schrieb soyez:

> Thanks Reuti for your reply,
>
> yes, max_reservation is set of course, as reservation works fine with
> parallel jobs only.
>
> There are several differences between serial and parallel queue (limits
> etc.) but the main difference are sequence numbers in opposite directions
> in order to implement some kind of "fill up policy" for single cpu jobs,
> whereas parallel jobs are supposed to use different nodes first.  I don't
> know of any other way to achieve this.

Fine. This is the way to go, to fill the cluster from both sides.

> I still think that slot reservation should work per exechost and not per
> queue, does anybody know more about it?

You mean, that slots seems to be reserved from the parallel queue, but serial job from the other queue can always slip in?

The total amount of slots from all queues you limited by an entry in the exechost definition or an RQS I assume?

-- Reuti