[GE users] Rename a parallel environment

icaci hristo at mc.phys.uni-sofia.bg
Sun Jul 11 12:28:37 BST 2010

On 08.07.2010, at 22:08, murphygb wrote:

>>> It always references the fist job in the qstat list when I try and delete the pe, so I suspended just that one job.  When I try and delete it with that job suspended it still does not delete and references that same suspended job so I guess that does not help.
>>>

>> Sorry ... I will try "hold" now too
>
> Putting job on hold did not help either.

You cannot modify referenced SGE objects. Even when you put a job on hold it still refers to the queue instance(s) it is running in and to the PE(s). What you can do is to disable all parallel cluster queues with 'qmod -d' and then wait for the queue to drain off running parallel jobs. After that rename your PEs and use 'qmod -e' to reenable the cluster queue instances.

Hristo

Dr Hristo Iliev
Monte Carlo research group
Faculty of Physics, University of Sofia
5 James Bourchier blvd, 1164 Sofia, Bulgaria
http://cluster.phys.uni-sofia.bg/hristo/