[GE users] Help from Gaussian users

fjmodrego modrego at unizar.es
Wed Jul 14 11:10:08 BST 2010

I need some help from people with Gaussian running in their clusters.
As probably you are aware Gaussian leaves huge scratch files when jobs
are not finished properly (either by error or by qdel for example). I
need some way to get rid of them... I guess this should be done via
prolog or epilogue commands but I not sure about their use. I guess
they are command files running at the same user level than the batch
job (with user privileges) but I would like a way of cleaning the
temporary directories whatever the owner of the left over files is and
probably this require some kind of privileged task...  I wonder
whether anyone has an example that could be shared.
  Thanks for your help,
	F.J. Modrego