[GE users] Creating a Soft consumable resource

svibhore shantanu.vibhore at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 12:33:45 BST 2010

I have a scenario where I want to create a resource which should be used ( ideally) one per host but if all the resources are used( i.e all the hosts have job using this consumable) the jobs should not fail and get scheduled on any host.

In a typical hard resource the jobs would fail if all the hosts have one job running on them, and in soft resource I cannot limit the number of jobs getting scheduled on the host( which will be limited by number of slots).

This will achieve two things for me, first the jobs gets distributed on all host as one job per host and secondly this will guarantee that jobs would not fail even if all the hosts have a job running on them.

Ideas ?

Regards,
Shantanu