[GE users] qsub preventing -clear (JSV)

fredwag Frederik.Wagner at lrz.de
Wed Jul 14 13:51:48 BST 2010

Hi .*,

in the SGE documentation it is stated, that server side JSVs shouldn't
be scripts. But what are the alternatives? Should one write a C program
or is perl already o.k. (so script meaning bash or similar?).

So not having answered the previous question, for a more complex JSV it
look like using client side JSV is the right thing.
When I do some mandatory mangling with the qsub option: How do I prevent
a user from using the '-clear' flag in which case any administrator
defined JSV (in $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/sge_request) will not be
executed?

To me it looks like: either server side JSV with performance problems or
client side JSV with the possible user interference...

Thanks a lot for any help,
Frederik