[GE users] Syslog protocol support in Sun Grid Engine ?

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Jul 16 13:40:29 BST 2010

Hi,

Am 16.07.2010 um 14:28 schrieb fabiomartinelli:

> thanks for the advice, but without a standard Syslog support the logs are
> reported without the facility/priority tags, later this prevent to make
> queries for Critical, Error, Info ...
>
> in rsyslog there is a feature similar to what you mentioned,
> http://www.rsyslog.com/doc-imfile.html
> but I'm not satisfied because every event has the same importance of the
> others.

yeah, I see. With syslog-ng you can use a regular expressions to scan for the column where the "I" or "E" is written in the messages file.

> I don't know is this is the right place to make a "next release feature
> request" but I'd like see this protocol integrated in SGE

An optional  generation of syslog entries would be fine, maybe it could switched on by an entry in SGE's configuration.

When you like, you can file and issue for it.

-- Reuti