[GE users] Reset of complete configuration

dom marco.donauer at oracle.com
Fri Jul 23 12:35:17 BST 2010

Erik,

if you don't have a backup of your configuration, there is no way to get
a clean configuration which looks like after installation. If you have
to reconfigure your cluster very often you should use the backup/restore
option for inst_sge.
Another way could be to create a second cluster to get the configuration
from.
If you just need scheduler and master configs it's enough to install a
master host with one execd, then you
can use it as a sample cluster.

Marco

Am 23.07.2010 13:17, schrieb erilon78se:
> Is there a simple way of "resetting" the entire configuration of SGE (scheduler, hosts, queues, resources etc.) that basically gives me a clean slate configuration wise?
>
> I was hoping not to have to re-install SGE every time I need to reconfigure from scratch.
>
> /Erik

Marco Donauer | Oracle Grid Engine Engineering
Phone: +49 (0)941 3075-211  (x60211)

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7 | D-93049 Regensburg

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Hauptverwaltung: Riesstr. 25, D-80992 Muenchen
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen, HRA 95603

Komplementaerin: ORACLE Deutschland Verwaltung B.V.
Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Juergen Kunz, Marcel van de Molen, Alexander van der Ven