[GE users] script

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Jul 26 08:45:08 BST 2010

Hi,

Am 22.07.2010 um 18:37 schrieb sli1que:

> I need to run a script that will modify a users resource request.

in principle you can define a JSV (job submission verifier) to do such adjustments at submission time.

> Example if I setup a complex resource to track, and the users specifies its use with -l foo=4.
> Now the user made a mistake and his app will only use 2, maybe even 6 of the foo resources. I need a way of either checking what it really needs before submission

But how do you know, what was intended or is really needed? You can try to parse the jobscript and interpret the statements therein. But I fear this is convoluted.

> and then changing it or after the run starts run a script that will compare the allocation to whats really being used and make the adjustment to either free up resources or take more.

There no way to adjust the resource request at runtime of a job. The job will either simply don't use them, or crash as it uses more resources than granted (e.g. licenses or memory).

-- Reuti