[GE users] Ordering nodes based on a resource consumable

hawson beckerjes at mail.nih.gov
Wed Jul 28 16:53:29 BST 2010

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 08:10:50AM -0400, svibhore wrote:
>   Hello,
>
>   Is there a way of submitting jobs where we can specify the order of nodes to be selected based
>   on some consumable resource i.e. Submit the job on the node which has maximum value of
>   consumable (e.g. mem_free) ?

You could make this part of the "load formula".  See sched_conf(5) for
details.  The default is to use the normalized 5-min load ("np_load_avg"),
but you can certainly include other things as well.  However, remeber
that the there are no units, the so an np_load_avg=3.21 will be compared
to the value of mem_free (50465865728, on one of my boxes).  You'll need
to weight the values accordingly...

--
Jesse Becker
NHGRI Linux support (Digicon Contractor)