[GE users] slotwise preemption

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Sat Jul 31 21:03:24 BST 2010

Hi,

Am 31.07.2010 um 07:32 schrieb mrostaee:

> Thanks all in advance,
> I have two hosts with 4 cores. I defined pri.q and sec.q on two hosts.
> I subordinated sec.q to pri.q with a line:
> subordinate_list slots=4(sec.q:0:sr)
> I submit two 4 slots jobs on sec.q and are running on nodes.
> when  submit a 4 slots or 8 slots job on pri.q, this job is waiting and no suspention isnot happen! why?

do you limit the slots per node with a defined consumable per node or by an RQS? OGE won't look ahead, and you might need to oversubscribe the nodes, i.e. when the job is getting scheduled to pri.q, the job in sec.q will be suspended as a result of the scheduling.

Other possible cause: do you request any consumable like h_vmem or virtual_free?