[GE users] Checking running job complex requests

kisielk kamil at zymeworks.com
Tue Mar 2 19:16:57 GMT 2010

> On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 16:19 -0800, kisielk wrote:
> > How can I tell what complexes a currently running job requested? In
> > particular I'd like to know the expected runtime based on the s_rt
> > request, but the other parameters would be nice to know as well.
>
> With 'qstat -r' or 'qstat -r -xml'.
> >From the qstat(1) manpage:
>
> -r     Prints extended information about the resource requirements of
> the displayed jobs. Please refer to the OUTPUT FORMATS sub-section
> Expanded Format below for detailed information.
>
> I find the -xml output generally a bit easier to parse.
>
> /mark

Yes, I knew about this. I guess I should be a bit more specific about my use case. I'd like to be able to anticipate when a job is going to end. If a user requested s_rt or h_rt then that is a good indicator in the qstat output. However, if they didn't explicitly request a time then the default queue limit applies and that's not stated anywhere in the job description.

Is there a simple way of anticipating the time the job is expected to terminate, regardless of whether or not the user requested the s_rt or h_rt complexes?