[GE users] job_pid: Permission denied

rsayde rsayde at carbondesignsystems.com
Tue Mar 2 19:25:22 GMT 2010

OK, I think I understand it now. It was my application that was returning error code 99. It seems like the sge scripts see that as a reschedule request.

So for now I have wrapped my application in a script that checks for non-zero return status. The script now only returns 0 or 1 and I am no longer having problems.

But I guess I don't understand why any of this would matter.

I probably won't turn off sge requeuing unless there is another good reason to do so.

So is it possible that the reason it couldn't requeue the job is because a return of 99 from the application is not the same as a return of 99 from the shepherd script?

Thanks for the help.

Richard