[GE users] SGE 6.2u5 - inst_sge -bup vs. save_sge_config.sh

olesen Mark.Olesen at faurecia.com
Wed Mar 3 07:54:47 GMT 2010

> > 2. I would like to use one of the above as a way to perform a
> > regular backup of my SGE configuration so that when I make a change
> > to the SGE configuration, I have a backup of the previous setup in
> > case my future changes cause a problem.  Do any of you recommend the
> > use of "save_sge_config.sh" or "inst_sge -bup" as a tool to
> > regularly backup my SGE configuration?
>
> maybe recording the changes would be best in your case:
>
> http://scompt.com/blog/archives/2009/10/13/versioned-grid-engine-configuration

Or the same idea, but with a git backend:
http://olesenm.github.com/2009/11/05/gridengine-git-config/

A current version is in the scripts/ directory of flex-grid:
http://github.com/olesenm/flex-grid

/mark

DISCLAIMER:
This electronic transmission (and any attachments thereto) is intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). It may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you must delete it immediately and notify the sender. Any unauthorized use or disclosure of this message is strictly prohibited. Faurecia does not guarantee the integrity of this transmission and shall therefore never be liable if the message is altered or falsified nor for any virus, interception or damage to your system.