[GE users] Queue instances with different resource limits than the cluster queue

m0zes adam.tygart at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 20:03:25 GMT 2010

One option to do this is to set the h_rt complex in each queue.

For example, in all.q the h_rt line would look like this (as seen from
qconf -mq all.q):

h_rt                  INFINITY,[@nodestypeA=24:00:00],[@nodestypeB=4:00:00]

for specialprojects.q I would use something like this (as seen from
qconf -mq specialprojects.q):

h_rt                  INFINITY,[@nodestypeB=24:00:00]

This would specify the maximums that you have set for the runtime for
each queue. Please note that @nodestypeA  and @nodestypeB would be
hostgroups that you would have to specify.

I was able to successfully test this method on my end.

--
Adam Tygart