[GE users] Global consumbale resource

iank ikaufman at ucsd.edu
Thu Mar 4 20:56:20 GMT 2010

Hello all,

I manage a few clusters using GE (currently 6.2u3, but I plan to update soon). Anyway, I was wondering if there was a way to configure a consumable global memory resource. In other words, say I have a system with 50 nodes, each node having 12G of RAM. RAM is a required requestable consumable resource (h_vmem). But, I would also like to limit the total amount of RAM system wide a user can request globally. So, in the given example, the entire system memory is 600G, so I would like to limit the total amount a user can request to 100G.

Thanks,

Ian