[GE users] ARCo questions? (Mixed solaris/linux grid?)

bdbaddog bill at baddogconsulting.com
Fri Mar 5 18:35:08 GMT 2010

Jana,

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 1:33 AM, jana <jana.olivova at sun.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yes, absolutely,  neither the dbwriter,  nor the reporting has to be
> installed on the master host. The only requirement is the the Java Web
> Console is installed on the same node where you will install reporting.
>
> I am not sure if I understand the question 'doesn't share any files with
> the master'. The SGE_ROOT has to be accessible from the node where you
> will be installing reporting.

I'm setting up a solaris VM initially to see if I can get the tools
all installed.
Could I copy the reporting and accounting files from the current SGE
master node to my VM to populate the DB and then be able to try out
the reporting capabilities?

Are there any other files needed?
I can pull the whole /opt/sge/default tree over to my trial solaris box.

-Bill